The Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant performs treatment and provides exercise instruction and patient education aimed at improving/enhancing the patient's well being while following the established plan of care.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- Service - Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the provision of physical therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Physical Therapist; to perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, instructs and aids patients in active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait, functional, ADL, transfer, safety, and prosthetic training.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising PT, the supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; complete a progress note for each visit and submits progress notes to the agency at least twice weekly.
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
Qualifications: License Requirements
- Missouri - Must be currently licensed by the Missouri Advisory Commission for Professional PTs and PTAs o assist in the practice of physical therapy in the state of Missouri. Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle. Current CPR certification required.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.