The Texas Land and Cattle Culinary Restaurant Manager position responsible for overseeing entire restaurant execution (both front- and back-of-house operations).¬ The Culinary Manager is primarily responsible for all kitchen operations including scheduling, maintaining staffing levels, safety and sanitation, food production related activities, financial goals. The CM will provide professional leadership and direction to culinary personnel as well as support the General Manager and the front of the house team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
People: The Culinary Manager oversees kitchen operations during a shift and is responsible for about 20-25 staff (line/prep/dish) within the kitchen. Our Culinary Manager builds the quality and morale of our kitchen staff by selecting, scheduling, training, developing, mentoring, managing and leading according to our commitment to demonstrating our Cultural Beliefs.
Positive Impact: The Culinary Manager has contributory financial responsibility for food costs, labor costs and kitchen supplies for the kitchen. Our Culinary Manager sets operational goals and plans to achieve or exceed written budgets. He / She will direct staff and utilize kitchen systems, schedules, tools and procedures to attain those goals according to our commitment to coach and mentor all team members to achieve their professional goals.
Represent our Brand: The Culinary Manager maintains food quality and safety standards, demonstrating our commitment to 100% brand standards at all times. He / she will¬ oversee all phases of food procurement, production and service, including, inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, service and production time standards according to our commitment to achieve positive sales growth.
Balanced Key Results: The Culinary Manager achieves standards through daily line checks and food reviews, response to guest feedback/scores, ongoing maintenance/housekeeping, and staff training/supervision in order to achieve our ‚€œ4 Key Desired Results‚€.
Skills & Requirements
- High School Degree or Equivalent required.
- College or Culinary Management degree preferred but not required.
- Must have 2 - 3 years of experience as a Culinary Manager, Kitchen Manager or Sous Chef in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Solid track record of success demonstrating upward career tracking.
- Proven ability to hire motivate, train develop and maintain qualified BOH employees.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment, while on your feet for extended periods of time; 8-10 hours minimum.
- Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area.
- Must possess ability to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation.
- Up-to-date knowledge on sanitation standards; all applicants should have a current sanitation certificate or in preparation of receiving one.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software and experience with inventory-keeping databases and time-keeping software solutions.
- Must be willing and available to work flexible/non-standard hours, including weekends
- College or Hospitality / Culinary school background a plus.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Previous Culinary Management experience in a polished casual, full service restaurant.